Invisalign Orthodontist Brooklyn, NY
Invisalign® is a popular brand of clear teeth aligners that comfortably and discreetly straighten teeth for a healthier, more beautiful smile. Many patients choose this treatment as a more convenient alternative to traditional braces. An Invisalign orthodontist provides patients with this innovative treatment and follow-up appointments thereafter.
An Invisalign orthodontist is available at Aces Braces in Brooklyn and the surrounding area. We regularly use this treatment to help our patients get the smile they have always wanted. Invisalign can help many patients with tooth alignment issues and may be applied along with other procedures.
Take the first step towards a healthier and more attractive smile by calling us at (718) 709-3903 to make an appointment to learn more about Invisalign.
How Invisalign Works
To start the process, the orthodontist will perform an exam and consultation with the patient, then devise a treatment plan to correct any bite issues. This involves producing sets of clear aligners designed to move the teeth over time. Each aligner will adjust the bite, gradually bringing it closer to the final goal.
Invisalign aligners are made from a unique medical-grade thermoplastic material that is transparent. They are removable and are meant to be taken out when eating, brushing, and flossing. The rest of the time the patient should keep the aligners in so they can slowly correct the bite. Typically, patients move to a new aligner every few weeks.
“Each aligner will adjust the bite, gradually bringing it closer to the final goal.”
The Invisalign Process
To begin the Invisalign process, the orthodontist takes a 3D model or scan of the patient’s teeth and develops the treatment plan. The aligners are then made using a 3D printing process. Each aligner is custom-made to cover the patient’s teeth and line the gums to ensure a proper fit.
Following this, the patient receives their aligners and are given individualized instructions on maintaining both the aligners and their teeth. We will also schedule occasional follow-up appointments in order to monitor and track the patient’s progress. Adjustments are made as needed to ensure the treatment plan is going as intended.
“Each aligner is custom-made to cover the patient’s teeth and line the gums to ensure a proper fit.”
Benefits of Using Invisalign
Invisalign is an innovative solution for fixing tooth alignment and other orthodontic malocclusions. It is comfortable and convenient as well as being significantly more discreet than other orthodontic treatments. These are some of the benefits of choosing this system:
- Practically Invisible: The aligners are made from a proprietary medical-grade thermoplastic material. They are practically invisible when placed in the correct position. Many dental patients find that traditional braces and other tooth alignment treatments make them feel less confident. Invisalign is the solution to these concerns.
- Effective: The system is very effective at correcting many bite issues. An out-of-alignment smile can cause a variety of comfort and oral health issues. Invisalign conveniently, quickly, and effectively addresses misaligned teeth.
- Removable: Unlike traditional braces, the aligners are removable. This makes eating, brushing, and flossing easier and more hygienic. Easier oral care results in better outcomes from orthodontic treatment.
- Improving Oral Health: Misaligned teeth are more likely to harbor plaque and bacteria that can cause a variety of oral health issues. Correcting bite problems is an important step in ensuring your long-term dental health. Since the clear aligners are removable, it is also easier to practice good oral hygiene during treatment compared to conventional braces.
“Invisalign is an innovative solution for fixing tooth alignment and other orthodontic malocclusions.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Invisalign Orthodontist in Brooklyn, NY
Finding the Right Invisalign Orthodontist
Not all dentists or orthodontists provide Invisalign treatment, so it is important to find one who does. It is also a good idea to look for one who has extensive training and experience in Invisalign treatments and can provide examples of before and after results. We also suggest finding an office close to home as frequent follow-ups are part of any treatment plan.
To ensure satisfaction with your treatment, choose an Invisalign orthodontist like Aces Braces. With cutting-edge technology at our practice, we can help our patients achieve superior results from the treatment process. During the consultation appointment, we encourage patients to ask all questions and address any concerns they have to initiate a discussion and ensure results are as close as possible to the patient’s dream smile.
“With cutting-edge technology at our practice, we can help our patients achieve superior results from the treatment process.”
After the consultation appointment, the patient must wait about two weeks for their first batch of aligners to be prepared. Upon returning for their first visit, we will first conduct a fitting to ensure the aligners fit properly and are fairly comfortable. The patient receives their first batch of aligners which consists of about three to four sets. Each set is worn for approximately two weeks depending on the patient’s case.
We schedule follow-up appointments every six to eight weeks and conduct fittings during each visit. During these visits, we check the patient’s mouth and ensure the treatment is going as planned and teeth are moving in the right direction. We also discuss any concerns the patient has and can make adjustments as needed. At the end of each appointment, the patient receives their new batch of aligners.
“Upon returning for their first visit, we will first conduct a fitting to ensure the aligners fit properly and are fairly comfortable.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Where can I find an Invisalign orthodontist?
A. This treatment is available in over 45 countries around the world. There are Invisalign orthodontists in most cities around the U.S. For treatment in Brooklyn, make an appointment with Aces Braces.
Q. What do aligners made by an Invisalign orthodontist look like?
A. While in place in the mouth, the aligners are nearly invisible. They fit closely around the teeth and are made from a clear thermoplastic. Each aligner is custom-made for each patient’s mouth.
Q. How often will I need to return to my Invisalign orthodontist?
A. Most patients start a new aligner every two weeks and receive two or three aligners at a time. So, you can expect to need to visit your dentist every four to six weeks. This is comparable to the checkup schedule for traditional braces.
Q. How long does treatment from an Invisalign orthodontist take?
A. According to WebMD,, treatment with clear aligners such as Invisalign typically takes between 10 and 24 months. The exact length of your treatment depends on the severity of your needs. Closely following the dentist’s instructions can help shorten the treatment length.
Q. Can an Invisalign orthodontist correct an overbite?
A. Yes, Invisalign can treat issues other than misaligned teeth such as an overbite. Speak with your dentist to learn what bite problems you have and which can be treated using this system. The dentist can determine what is an appropriate treatment for your needs.
Q. How do I know if I should see an Invisalign orthodontist?
A. Many people achieve excellent results using Invisalign. However, the applicability of the treatment varies from person to person and case to case. Patients who have an underbite, overbite, or other teeth alignment issues are all likely candidates.
Q. Can I switch from braces to treatment by an Invisalign orthodontist?
A. Yes, you can switch from traditional braces to Invisalign. Additionally, many patients receive treatment plans that involve both. A dentist can perform an exam of your mouth and explain which treatments are good fits for your needs.
Q. Will treatment from an Invisalign orthodontist affect my speech?
A. Typically, Invisalign does not affect speech. However, as with all orthodontic appliances, there is a chance of some difficulties due to having something new in the mouth. This is generally less severe than traditional braces due to the close fit around the teeth. Additionally, most issues will resolve themselves after an initial adjustment period.
Start Feeling Better – Visit Us Today
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
Definition of Orthodontic Terminology
- Aligner Trays
- With Invisalign® treatment, the patient will receive a series of aligner trays and swap out each one for the next one in the series every two weeks in order to gradually straighten the teeth.
- ClinCheck® Software
- ClinCheck® software allows professionals to map out the straightening process the patient’s teeth will go through with Invisalign® in great detail.
- Incisal Ridges
- Incisal ridges are the portion of the crown of the tooth that makes up the incisal portion and can be a direct cause of overbite if they are extended too far.
- Malocclusion is the condition in which the upper and lower teeth do not meet properly when the bite is closed. Conditions of malocclusion can include overbite, underbite, crossbite and open bite; all of which are treatable with Invisalign®.
- Polyurethane Resin
- Polyurethane Resin is a USP Class VI medical grade, high molecular weight compound that makes up the Invisalign® aligners.
- Smart Track® Material
- Smart Track® material is in Invisalign® aligners to increase comfort, improve control of movement, increases the speed of treatment and applies a gentle force to the teeth over time.
Learn More About Getting Invisalign
Invisalign is an effective and discreet way to treat tooth alignment issues and other orthodontic malocclusions. If you want to straighten your teeth without the discomfort and obviousness of traditional braces, this treatment may be for you. Call 718-709-3903 to schedule an appointment with Aces Braces today and learn more about your treatment options.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2021
About our business and website security
- Aces Braces was established in 2008.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Kings County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Brooklyn, Sumner Houses, Cypress Hills, Canarsie and Kensington
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
It is not unusual for an orthodontist to recommend early orthodontic treatment for patients. While the most frequent patients to wear braces and aligners are teenagers, orthodontic care can begin sooner. Every patient’s needs and goals are different, so evaluate what your child’s smile looks like. It could be a good time to visit an…
Corrective braces have been around for decades, and they remain one of the most effective ways to correct teeth alignment issues like overbites, underbites, and crossbites. These devices help to improve teeth alignment issues by gradually pushing your teeth to a better alignment.Braces are made up of two main components: brackets that are cemented to…
Getting invisible braces is becoming more popular lately. Many dental patients are choosing them over traditional metal braces. You may already be considering this orthodontic treatment. It is important to know everything that you can before you commit to this treatment. If you want to talk to your dentist about invisible braces, here are four…